[c-nsp] Use of "name" parameter on "ip route"

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Wed Sep 19 16:43:14 EDT 2007

> On Friday 24 August 2007 02:57, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
>
> > 	WHY is the "name" command used on ip route? WHEN is it
> > proper to use it, and when is it improper? Has anyone
> > gotten burned USING it or NOT using it?
>
> I have seen it provide *functional* use with cisco-avpair=20
> attributes under an AAA profile in LSDO deployments.
>
> In some other places, I have seen it used to help folk=20
> remember what the route is doing.

	As an FYI to anyone that was watching this thread
before. Turns out that removing the "name" on my "ip route"
solved the issue, but only temporarily... It later went
back on its merry way of failing.

	SO, I'm back at square one... Why when a tracked
ip route fails, is it skipping over the next available
(and tracked) route for a non-tracked route. :-/

	Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

			Thanks, Tuc/TBOH