[c-nsp] Clock Synchronization

gagandeep singh gpanjeta2003 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 24 15:12:06 EDT 2007

Hi
Pleases send me topology of your network with clock information.

Regards
Gagandeep

Mark Rogaski <wendigo at pobox.com> wrote: An entity claiming to be Kim Onnel (karim.adel at gmail.com) wrote:
:
: We have an MGX and BPX network, could anyone tell me if there is a document
: that lists the outcome of not having a synchronized clock source on the
: network.
:

I'm not aware of a specific document, but I can tell you that timing is
very important.  It's critical if you're trying to provide IMA services on
an AUSM or MPSM or if you're using any VISMs.  Even if you have a solid
timing design, both the PXM1 and PXM45 have had their share of timing bugs.
Regarless of the platform, timing is one of the most often neglected aspects
of network design and it is at the heart of a significant number of chronic,
elusive problems.

If you're encountering a specific problem, e-mail me directly with the
details.  I spent about 8 years working with the Stratacom line and I may
be able to help.

Mark

--
[] Mark Rogaski        |   Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek,