[c-nsp] pix vpn problem

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Wed Sep 26 12:17:32 EDT 2007

Most likely a problem on the NAT box.  I'm guessing that both users are
trying to use stanadard IPSec protocol for IKE and ESP.  The problem is
the NAT box knows about IPSec, and maps incoming IPSec to a certain
inside device.  But when the second client establishes a connection, the
NAT box no longer knows what inside client to send it to, so the first
one gets dropped.  Have one (or both) of the clients change to a
tunneled mode (over TCP or UDP), and the problem should go away.

Chuck Church
Principal Network Engineer, CCIE #8776
Harris Information Technology Services
EDS Contractor - Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI)
1210 N. Parker Rd. | Greenville, SC 29609
Office: 864-335-9473 | Cell: 864-266-3978