[c-nsp] Cisco 7200 GigE interface w/NPE 225.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 1 03:28:40 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I tried to install a single-port optical GigE card in a Cisco 7204 VXR
chassis with an NPE 225 and was informed by the IOS that it is
incompatible with the NPE 225, so the adaptor is shut down.

Anyone know how to get around this limitation other than by getting a
beefier NPE?  I do not actually intend to run anywhere *near* a gig of
traffic through that thing;  it's just that the handoff I am getting
from a provider is optical and this is the easiest route for me.

If I do have to get a new NPE, will a 400 suffice, or do I have to go 1G?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems