[c-nsp] 12.2 SRC opinions?

Bob Snyder rsnyder at toontown.erial.nj.us
Tue Apr 1 08:12:28 EDT 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 1:51 AM, Stephen Fulton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's been 2 months since 12.2 SRC was released, and I'm curious about
> how it's held up on the 7600 series?  I've got a 7600/RSP720 arriving
> soon, and I'm considering SRC.

We ran into CSCsm99975 where around 80% or so of the linecards in all
of the routers that were clients of a route reflector reset themselves
when the route reflector was reloaded. Glad we found this in the lab,
not in production.

Probably not an issue if you aren't running IPv6, but if you are, you
may want to look at this. We're looking at the next rev of SRC, which
should be out relatively soon.

Bob