[c-nsp] OT : IPv6 - Will it hit like an "avalanch"?

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Apr 1 10:56:14 EDT 2008

Patrick J Greene wrote:
> I keep seeing all of these articles about IPv6 being put off until the last minute and then we will all have to scramble to put it in(http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/033108-ntt-anerica-ipv6.html) .  What are your thoughts and plans?  Is anybody really running out of IP space, other that ARIN?  Need we need to be looking at getting IPv6 Internet connections and hosting on IPv6 now?  What about non ISP's?  Does corporate America really need to worry?

Patrick,

This is a frequent topic on the various NOGs lists.  If you're
interested in the technical aspects of IPv6, problems, solutions,
deployments, etc then you might want to check out the NANOG presentation
archive:

http://www.nanog.org/subjects.html

The NANOG mailing list is also a great place for the State of IPv6
questions.  I would encourage your to read through the list archives
though prior to posting.  The archives probably already answer most of
your questions.  Plus the list members are a bunch of cantankerous old
kooks who don't like answering questions twice. ;-)

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/

Justin