[c-nsp] Catalyst 3750 failure - marsupial interference

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 2 06:23:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

> Does anyone know if there's a bug ID for this problem? We're running
> IOS 12.2(44)SE.

nice! yes, those power plugs have no retention - a failure in the
design specs when they were first envisaged. some with IEC power :-|

> The culprit is an Australian possum -- you'll note the missing power
> cable from the switch lowest in the stack, and the precariously
> positioned leads on the power strip. That's how we were first alerted
> to the, er, problem.
>
> Probably should've been running "service anti-possum enable"

read the changelog - Cisco revised this command in 12.2(30)SB1

no service possum

;-)

PS If not used, i'd advise using the blanking plate to cover those
DC connectors - you never know when a stray cable might enter....