[c-nsp] Cat6500 - Support for MPLS and IPv6

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 06:15:55 EDT 2008

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
>> OTOH, 6500 gets software modularity, which is something that
>> we consider a *real* must for any decent high-availability
>> environment.
>
> So, does anyone think IOS XE looks cool? Say, ISSU on a single
> hardware RP, for example. Well, I do. And it's from the same BU
> as the 7600...

Oh yes, I'm jumping for joy at the idea of Cisco spreading their
(clearly already stretched) software development resources even thinner...

> Cross your fingers everyone.

Cross our fingers what? Cross our fingers that they'll neglect IOS in
favour of IOS XE? How does that help anyone?

Honestly, I don't mean to sound too combative, but Cisco do not need to
be diversifying at this point; they need to be focussing.