[c-nsp] OT: Check Point v Cisco PIX (ASA 5500 Series)

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Mon Apr 7 07:00:07 EDT 2008

* A. L. M. Buxey:

>> for a firewall, not sending an RST for a denied connection, isn´t it
>> the "Right Thing" to do?
>
> ah, the perennial DROP or REJECT question.

Not really.  Faking the RST with the address of the target doesn't
give you any hint what's rejected the connection attempt.  I know that
some people do not want to leak that data, but it's absence makes
debugging quite hard.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99