[c-nsp] BGP timers

Uddin, Tahir tahir.uddin at alliancebernstein.com
Tue Apr 8 07:56:54 EDT 2008

Hi

When connecting a CE to a PE, is there a minimum recommended BGP hold
down timer. I am currently using 90 seconds with both of my carriers but
it is causing applications to time out when there is a failure in one of
the carriers network or if a local loop goes down. One of the carriers
ruled out going down to 15 seconds, said it was too low.

Thanks

Tahir Uddin

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions.  If you, as the intended recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients, prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply" to the
sender indicating your wishes.  In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
NY 10105.