[c-nsp] Multicast tryout

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Tue Apr 8 08:25:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Robert Hass wrote:

> I'm currently looking for some software which can help us test new
> Multicast configuration
> in our network. Is any free software which can send multicast stream
> (video,music,whatever)
> and some receiver/client software ? (best if Windows/Linux/Mac based)

You can try some really really basic utils that I threw together a number
of years ago and recently updated for IPv6.  Builds for all three
platforms above.

ftp://ftp.lava.net/users/tony/multicast

mcsend just takes text input.  I usually tail/pipe an active log file into
it to generate traffic.  Pre-compiled windows exe are also there.

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN