[c-nsp] CSM for service providers

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Apr 8 09:33:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 09:06:44AM -0400, Fred Reimer wrote:
> I'm not in sales, so I don't have to worry about cost ;-), but I do know
> there was, and still may be, a special on the appliance (not the module)
> where you get some large percentage off (35% or 50% or something) in
> addition to your normal Cisco discount.  So if you are interested in an ACE,
> pick one up now...

I always thought the ACE has a list price of "zero" - all you need to
buy is the license for the number of contexts and the license for the
amount of gbits you want it to handle...

(... which makes me unhappy to even think about 'box breaks, hardware
gets replaced by Cisco in 4h, but license cookies [or however they are
stored] cannot be transferred because the license server is down'...)

I hate "features get activated by non-transferable license $thing on the
box" schemes.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de