[c-nsp] BGP timers

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Apr 8 11:25:14 EDT 2008

Mark Tinka <mailto:mtinka at globaltransit.net> wrote on Tuesday, April 08,
2008 5:01 PM:

> On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
>
>> well, Fast Session Deactivation only helps you on
>> non-directly connected eBGP sessions (i.e. multihop),
>> possibly along with an IGP (or static routes with object
>> tracking or something like this) to provide next-hop
>> reachability, so it's not that useful on "standard"
>> directly-connected eBGP sessions..
>
> Not necessarily, if I understand this feature well enough.
>
> A route map matching directly connected routes can be
> referenced with this feature on a per-eBGP-neighbor basis:
>
> router bgp 1234
>  neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 5678
>  neighbor 1.1.1.1 fall-over route-map EBGP-CONNECTED
>
> route-map EBGP-CONNECTED permit 10
>  match source-protocol connected

well, no. For connected, you don't need any new feature, the
"fast-external-fallover" feature causes the session to drop once the
connected route goes away (i.e. the interface goes down). This has been
default behaviour for years, no need for ATF or FSD.

I guess the above config would also work, creative use of it :)

	oli