[c-nsp] 1841 - good replacement for 2650??

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Tue Apr 8 11:57:35 EDT 2008

jacob c wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   We currently have many 2650 routers combined with a Netscreen 5GT for the VPN site-to-site tunnel. These connections are private line T-1s. I was hoping to switch to the 1841 as a single unit for the T-1 connectiviy and the VPN connection. Would this work? Has anyone had any experience with this model?

The 1841 is an excellent router. It's approx 1.5-2x the speed of the
2650. I  don't know what the VPN throughput is, but I imagine it would
be easily sufficient to perform IPSEC VPN at T1 speeds.

Though, why aren't you currently doing this with the 2650? Are there
features you need which won't fit into the limited memory of the 2650 or
aren't available on that platform?

adam.