[c-nsp] 6500 vs. 7600 revisited again

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Wed Apr 9 06:14:08 EDT 2008

> I note with concern that the Cisco product page lists the VSS as a
> different "product" to the base 6500. Ordinarily such a minor thing
> would not concern me, but as Gert has pointed out repeatedly, Cisco have
> made people very nervous about the 6500/7600 roadmap...

I've been watching all this conflict going on (and coming to the surface very often on this list)
and i was wondering ....Based on what facts did cisco decide the seperation of the 6500/7600 platforms?

I'm one of the few (would cisco do that if we were many?) like you, who didn't like this decision,
but is there a possibility that there is something we're missing that actually made cisco follow
that direction?

--
Tassos