[c-nsp] CBWFQ-LLQ on PPPoE Virtual Templates

David Granzer dgranzer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 10:35:17 EDT 2008

On 4/10/08, Gregory Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net> wrote:
> > > Hello,
>  > >     We have a 7206 running (C7200-IK9S-M), Version 12.3(20), RELEASE
>  > > SOFTWARE (fc2). We are trying to get LLQ implemented on Virtual
>  > > Template interfaces for our PPPoE DSL users:
>  > >
>  > > vpdn-group akrnaa01rr
>  > >  description SBC Akron VPDN Group
>  > >  accept-dialin
>  > >   protocol l2tp
>  > >   virtual-template 1
>  > >  terminate-from hostname akrnaa01rr.oh.AADS
>  > >  local name xxxxxx
>  > >  lcp renegotiation always
>  > >  l2tp tunnel password 7 xxxxxxxxxxx
>  >
>  > QoS for L2TP users is not supported in your release, you need 12.2SB,
>  > take a look at the "Per-Session QoS" feature at
>  > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sb/feature/guide/sbbbrs1b.html
>

> Excellent. Thank you very much. What does the "SB" designation stand for?

There are two SB releases, 122-28.SB and 122-31.SB. I'm not surre what
exactly the difference is between the two, but we have curious
experience with 122-31.SB releases with Per-Session QoS (traffic
shaping) enabled. If there a lot of PPPoE sessions (more than 3000) on
the 7301 the  throughput per session goes notably down. We didn't see
this behavior with 122-28.SB.

David