[c-nsp] interface description feature

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Apr 10 13:38:26 EDT 2008

Hello Julien,

Even after reading your very thorough problem description, I'm not quite
sure what you're looking for help with. What doesn't work?

The "$ETH-LAN$" part of the description looks like what the Security
Device Manager would insert as way of marking it as a LAN interface.
Maybe it's the same with the other fields, maybe they're there to help
the SDM. Is it the SDM you can't get working?

The SNMP seems to work about right, giving you the same description as
running-config shows. Or am I missing something here?

The SDM manual(s) can be found here by the way:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_user_guide_list.html

Regards,
Peter