[c-nsp] Identifying BGP route flapping

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Apr 10 16:24:13 EDT 2008

Yes, there was an event that caused the router flapping to happen, but it
was clearly an anomaly.  There was a sub-50 msec interruption in Ethernet
traffic on the upstream for one router that caused the two routers
(connected with each other over a separate link) to go haywire.

US-A====US-B
ME-A====ME-B
  |       |  OSPF
Edge1==Edge2
   \     /
    =====

    core

But my interest is not in explaining the cause, but being to know within 5
minutes if it happens again.

Frank