[c-nsp] Caculatye jitter, delay, packet loss for VoIP using rttMonMIB

Andreas Bourges ab at isarnet.de
Fri Apr 11 06:56:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

...just took the list on CC again :-)

Again - take a look at the IPSLA user guide - everything's explained in there.
There are quite some issues to take care of when deploying IPSLA, e.g.
one-way delay needs absolutely synchronized clocks. You can find more hints
and background information in this document.

On Friday 11 April 2008, Wagh, Shivani K (GE, Research, non-ge) wrote:
> I am using LatestJitter probe stats.Can you please rectify me on this
> .
> For calculating the Jitter values I am using :
> rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfPositivesSD
> rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfPositivesDS
> rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfNegativesSD
> rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfNegativesDS
> For Packet Loss:
> rttMonLatestJitterOperPacketLossSD
> rttMonLatestJitterOperPacketLossDS

correct.

> These are the objects I am picking for the jitter and packet loss.
> I am now confused on how to pick the data for delay.
> Is this OID correct   rttMonLatestJitterOperOWSumSD

as stated above - one-way delay needs synchronization better than ntp...

For 2-way delay you could use RttMonLatestJitterOperRTTMax.

Regards,

Andy
- --
Andreas Bourges