[c-nsp] OSPFv3 down every 34 minutes

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Apr 14 06:59:35 EDT 2008

Wow, first of all, thanks to everyone who responded.  I didn't expect so many responses on the weekend!

One suggestion was to make the interface IPv4 only.  I could do this, but I'm not sure what it would get me.  The VLAN2 interface runs OSPF and OSPFv3 and only OSPFv3 has this weird problem.

The VLAN is not configured as a P2P interface in the OSPFv3 config and I am not using authentication on the v3 OSPF session.  I also checked the standby counters and I'm not experiencing any state changes.  I also seriously doubt that it's related to periodic traffic - the fact that it's *every* 34 minutes, even overnight when there's just a couple of megs on the wire, I think rules that out.  I am also pretty sure that I don't have a Cylon problem.  ;-)  My MTU sizes all look fine, both in v4 and v6.

I just threw a Hail Mary and killed the IPv6/OSPFv3 config on this interface and reconfigured it, so I'll see how that goes.  I'll re-visit some of the other suggestions everyone's made once I have some more coffee in me.

Thanks again,
evt