[c-nsp] SDLC timer issue... yeah thats right... I said SDLC

Wink dwinkworth at wi.rr.com
Mon Apr 14 07:16:32 EDT 2008

All:

I have an SDLC-attached FEP, and I'm doing reverse-media translation to
the secondary box which is on a remote token-ring LAN.

So, I have effectively implemented the following (with one secondary,
not three, and token ring, not ethernet):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk331/tk336/technologies_configuration_example09186a008040ac66.shtml

The issue is that this used to be a STUN connection and when they
bounced the FEP port, it would come back up pretty quick (like in the
order of seconds or a minute).  After cutting them over to this
solution, now it takes about 15 minutes for the link to recover.  The
mainframe guy insists that the media translation on the router is
causing this and I need to do some tuning.  He could be right.

Anyone have any thoughts?  I looked at the LLC2 and SDLC timers
documentation and I'm not seeing anything that sticks out as the
culprit.  So I'm hoping that someone has not jettisoned this knowledge
from their mind...  anyone with any experience on this with a brain cell
left to remember it?

Thanks ahead of time!

Derick