[c-nsp] RTBH at the access edge

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Mon Apr 14 20:29:09 EDT 2008

On Apr 14, 2008, at 9:58 PM, Justin Shore wrote:

> The mesh would be unwieldy at that point; plus most of the edge
> couldn't handle full tables (I wish they could so that I could
> implement
> edge to edge MPLS).

The triggers/edge drop routers don't have to be meshed - just peer the
triggers with each of the edge drop routers directly, using route-
reflector-client.  Be sure to implement uRPF at your access edge if at
all possible so that you get the antispoofing benefits, and if those
same routers are your edge drop routers, you'll have S/RTBH
capabilities, not just destination-based.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // +66.83.266.6344 mobile

      History is a great teacher, but it also lies with impunity.

                    -- John Robb