[c-nsp] Upgrading PIX 6.3 to 7.x

christopher ashby christopheraashby at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:06:16 EDT 2008

Richard-

it's been a little while since i did the updates.. that being said i don't
recall any headaches along the way, pretty much smooth sailing.  here is a
link that pretty much sums it up:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/pix_upgrade/upgrade/guide/pixupgrd.html#wp1752751
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807c3627.shtml

great docs that provides a step by step, email back if your still unsure

the only tip i remember and would give to everyone is to ALWAYS BACKUP
everything, this way when you screw up (like i have many times) your butt is
safe! - a little tftp never hurt anyone! LOL

christopher ashby

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Richard Golodner <
rgolodner at infratection.com> wrote:

> Christopher, I hate to bust in on you without introducing myself, my name
> is
> Richard and I am contemplating the same upgrade. Were there any
> particularly
> tough spots, or did it all go seemingly easily? If you have any pointers
> or
> tips please let me know.
>
>      most sincerely, Richard Golodner

ashby!