[c-nsp] MPLS L3 VPN over TE - Load Balancing per Customer

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Apr 16 11:33:26 EDT 2008

Agreed, but I was rather asking why people start selectively route vrfs
over specific tunnels?
If you deploy a FRR solution, you might as well send all traffic over it
(some caveats might apply, for example a possible loss of load-sharing)
by enabling autoroute-announce..

Another thought on this: core link failures are usually your least
concern when it comes to L3VPN convergence, you can generally achieve
sub-second tuning your IGP (some caveats might apply, depending on
platform and environment). PE node or PE-CE link failures are much more
"critical", and TE-FRR will not help you address either of these
failures.

	oli

alaerte.vidali at nsn.com <mailto:alaerte.vidali at nsn.com> wrote on
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:09 PM: