[c-nsp] NPE-G1 PPS limitations

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Fri Apr 18 14:59:31 EDT 2008

Yes, you are right, the PA-GE is not supported in the Jacket Card, but
other cards like PA-POS-2OC3 are supported, so you can offload the other
busses...

One more thing I wanted to mention is the 7201 platform, which is
basically a 7200 in 1RU configuration with NPE-G2 as its processor.
There is one major difference between 7201 and NPE-G2, which is the
extra GigE port they have put on its main board, so you get 4xGE ports
nativly on the device.
There is also 1 PA slot available for expansion (but I would not
recommend using it for GE due to the bus limit).
The 7201 is a very good option when you just need a few (well, 4) GE
ports and lots of features (very common as a BRAS for example)
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7253/index.html

Arie