[c-nsp] %BGP-3-INVALID_MPLS: Invalid MPLS label (1)

Christian Bering CB at nianet.dk
Fri Apr 18 18:17:43 EDT 2008

Hi Saku,

>I don't think you have anything to worry about. Most likely
>this is caused by dual-homed site or
>import map that may be denying local routes to BGP. Don't you
>have any prefix behind that
>log message?

No, there's never anything pointing to a specific prefix or even just a
VRF in those messages.

>You could look in that box for the VRF and check
>it's import maps and also
>look 'sh ip bgp vrf X <prefix>' should it say 'no table' it's
>the culprit when funny
>label gets assigned.

I would if I could see which VRF and prefix the boxes complain about.

>CSCsg55591.
>--- (apologies for ugly paste)

Yes, that was the only one I found that mentions the error message. We
do see a few symptoms that could be explained by the part about a local
label not being programmed into the forwarding table but without knowing
the prefix and VRF, it's kind of hard to say for sure.

But it doesn't really tell me if the bug would affect the PEs or the
route reflectors (or both).

>This is new check implemented in CSCeh77395 and can be
>triggered by several issues (at least 4 documented,
>at least CSCsb87499, CSCse99753 are possible).

Ah, okay. That gives me a bit more to pursue. Thanks.

--
Regards
 Christian Bering