[c-nsp] SNMP and Free/Total memory

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at wisc.edu
Sun Apr 20 22:51:38 EDT 2008

Hi Ken,

On Apr 20, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Matlock, Kenneth L wrote:
> I'm trying to get via snmp the free and used processor memory
> values of a 6506 via SNMP (same sort of things are happening on
> other chassis).
>
> When getting the ciscoMemoryPoolUsed and ciscoMemoryPoolFree
> values, with the .1 index (to get the processor values), it's not
> reporting the correct information.
<snip>
> The version of code on the chassis is 12.2(18)SXF6 (Modular).  Is
> there something fundamental I'm missing

Yes.

I think that you are only getting memory readings
for the main IOS process on your SXF modular box.  Same
thing goes for monitoring cpu load on this code too,
I believe.

This should be resolved somewhere in SXH, AFAIK.
We're currently parked on SXF/monolithic for a while here,
so I haven't bothered to look that those release notes.

Dale