[c-nsp] IPS 4240

Ibrahim Alsharif ib_cims at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 04:46:58 EDT 2008

hello Guys,

I have 2 IPS to install in a network those 2 IPS i should install them in promiscuous mode for testing then change their work to inline mode

according to inline mode i tried it in a lab environment and it did work fine, but in promiscuous mode i couldn't get any events on the sensor
with the knowledge that the sensor interface that is connected to the network is in sensing mode & it's promiscuous,

so please advice what to do & where should I put the IPS in my topology.

thanks,