[c-nsp] Cisco 3550-12G VSI stops routing traffic

Ibrahim Abo Zaid ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:26:08 EDT 2008

Hi Randal

it is really a wired problem but i can suggest 2 causes

1- it might due to VSI interfaces or ARP table limitation problem
2- if you are running PVST , it might be due to PVST instances limitation at
this IOS release

but to make it clear lets gather some logs and statistcis

1- u mentioned u transferred the affected VLANs to another distribution
switch , what is the active number of VLANs on this switch ?
2- as i got from ur description , the switch always drops the traffic of
only 2 VLANs randomly . get the output of show vlan and show spanning
tree during the problem time
3- u mentioned that the problem solved when u cleared ARP table , can u get
show arp | in incomplete to see which entries are incomplete before and
after the clearing and which VLAN it belongs to .

i hope to hear from u soon .

best regards
--Abo Zaid