[c-nsp] Blocking VTP

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Apr 23 13:01:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 13:27 +0200, Brian Turnbow wrote:
> There was set vtp port x/x disable in catos at least for 6500s .
> I don't think it ever worked it's way into ios though.

12.2(33)SXH seems to have something called "Per port VTP
enable/disable", where you can put "vtp disable" under an interface
configuration.

I don't know if this just makes the switch transparent to PDUs received
from that port, or if it actually blocks the PDUs. I hope for the
latter.

It's probably something they "lifted" from CatOS; I heard that it was
their plan to make the SX train have the same features as CatOS...

Regards,
Peter