[c-nsp] DNS problem with Firewall module 6500

Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland arla at rn.dk
Thu Apr 24 02:48:23 EDT 2008

Hi Folks.

Can anyone tell me how I can get around following problem?
Our server guys want to run windows update on there Windows servers directly from the DMZ zone.
It seems that Microsoft is using DNS load balancing when they are announcing the dns name.
How is this possible to get working in our firewall module on a 6500.
I've tried to make access verification with the dns name but I can't get it working.
The switching with the dns from Microsoft doesn't give the pix the same address as the server gets.
Is there a way to get around this?

/Arne