[c-nsp] Blocking VTP

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Thu Apr 24 10:41:43 EDT 2008

Paul,

To be honest, i didn't think the mac acl would work using 0x2003 as an ethertype, because the value 0x2003 refers to the Local
Code field (or Protocol Identifier (PID)) of the LLC/SNAP header.

But i tried it and it worked. It also worked for UDLD (0x0111).

I then found out that IEEE made it for backwards compatibility reasons with the Ethernet Version II format which used first the
ethertype field.

--
Tassos