[c-nsp] 2950 High CPU

Kevin.X.White at corusgroup.com Kevin.X.White at corusgroup.com
Thu Apr 24 11:55:14 EDT 2008

We have a 2950 which has suddenly stepped up CPU from 10 to 96% the box is
lightly loaded but has Decnet/lat traffic from servers on 3 ports.
Interrupts 7%
Total process % ~10%
Output interpretor susggests from sh tech that I have 66% process switching

Debug is off except for Spanningtree events
No ACLs
Little in the log
sniffer shows normal ARP levels
Broadcasts and mulitcasts low
2 i/face at ~ 20Kpps the rest <500pps

Your comments welcome
This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Tata Steel UK Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities