[c-nsp] Cisco 7206VXR

Jason Berenson jason at pins.net
Thu Apr 24 18:48:54 EDT 2008

Sidney,

I already got the G1 replaced, it's working.  I have an NPE-400 in a VXR
chassis that was running fine with 12.3.x until I put 12.4.19 on it.  It
starts the boot process, shows the version of bootstrap (12.2.x) then
shows the amount of memory (256M) then does this:

rommon>
rommon>
rommon>
rommon>
rommon>
rommon>

It keeps scrolling rommon as if I had the enter key depressed.  It even
does this if I put a flash card in the controller card with JUST 12.3.x
IOS on it.  I've tried a few different controller cards a few different
console cables and a few different computers.  I'm running out of
options.  I was told to try upgrading to 12.4.22 but that version isn't
on cisco's site.  When I call them they insist I need a smartnet
contract before I can speak to an engineer.  They won't provide the new
IOS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason