[c-nsp] Redundant Power Supplies (was: Cisco 7206VXR)

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Fri Apr 25 17:23:30 EDT 2008

Gert Doering wrote:
> Those are a bit funny indeed - 3660s actually support hot-swap, but
> *only* "remove defective module, replace with same type", not "insert
> something that wasn't present at boot time".

This has reminded me of something that's bothered me the few times I've
run into it. We have a stack of 3750Gs with a redundant power supply
unit. When a power supply fails (or it's power feed fails), it correctly
flips to the RPS. Now at this stage, even when power is restored, there
doesn't seem to be a way to flip *back* to the mains power without
pulling the plug on the RPS *and* the device that has flipped. The only
UI on the RPS is a button that turns it off altogether...the manual
doesn't say you can do this, but it doesn't say you can't either.

Am I dreaming?

Howie