[c-nsp] Port down 6500 warning via syslog

Laurent Geyer lgeyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 05:02:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Holemans Wim <wim.holemans at ua.ac.be> wrote:

> I know I have seen this before, but I can't find the article.
> On most cisco IOS switches, you get syslog messages if a port goes down
> or up. On a 6500 this is not the case.
> But I remember seeing an article in which a way was shown how to enable
> this feature on 65XX IOS.
> Anyone has a pointer to this article or a short description on how to
> enable port down/up syslog messages.

On practically all of the newer catos switches running ios I've worked on,
logging interface events had to be configured on a per interface level.

'logging event link-status' in interface configuration mode should do the
trick. Interface range configuration comes in handy here.

If there's a more elegant solution I'm all ears.

Regars,

Laurent G.