[c-nsp] VPN Client 5.x not working with IOS VPN Server

Kaj Niemi kajtzu at basen.net
Tue Apr 29 08:43:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Apr 29, 2008, at 12:22, Felix Nkansah wrote:

> I have recently installed the Cisco VPN client ver 5 on Windows
> Vista for some of my customers.
> Unfortunately, it doesnt work with the IOS VPN server even though
> VPN client ver 4.7 works fine.
> Have you encountered this problem before? What could be the possible
> cause and solution?

It should work.... Running CVC on Vista is a very interesting
experience in general. Depending on the error message there are
several things in the CVC release notes on Vista ("failed to enable
VA", "peer not responding", etc.) that could be your problem. You
would probably get more help or informed advice if you stated what
exactly does not work. Do you get an error window on the CVC side?
What does the debug log say on both CVC or EZVPN side?

:)

HTH

Kaj
--