[c-nsp] 6500 not exporting layer 2 netflow data

Andy Ellsworth andy at dar.net
Tue Apr 29 15:02:18 EDT 2008

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
> Maybe add "mls nde sender version 5"? I don't know if that's causing
> any problem, but from your previous output, you're using v7 for PFC
> and v5 for MSFC.
>
> Also what's the output of "sh ip flow export"?
>
> As a last solution (although i'm almost sure it won't make any
> difference), try replacing "ip route-cache flow" with "ip flow ingress".
Good suggestions. I changed the PFC to use version 5, no change in
symptoms (still no export of layer 2 flows).

#sh run | inc mls nde
mls nde sender version 5

#sh ip flow export
Flow export v5 is enabled for main cache
  Exporting flows to 10.100.253.210 (30002)
  Exporting using source interface Vlan253
  Version 5 flow records
  60615 flows exported in 34266 udp datagrams
  0 flows failed due to lack of export packet
  29 export packets were sent up to process level
  0 export packets were dropped due to no fib
  0 export packets were dropped due to adjacency issues
  0 export packets were dropped due to fragmentation failures
  0 export packets were dropped due to encapsulation fixup failures
  0 export packets were dropped enqueuing for the RP
  0 export packets were dropped due to IPC rate limiting

We have an NMS server that pings and connects to port 22 on the switch
every 5 minutes, which is what generates the majority of the few flows
that I do see exported from this box.

Also tried the "ip flow ingress" suggestion on the vl201 interface, both
with and without "ip route-cache flow" (they're not mutually exclusive
in the config). No luck.

-Andy