[c-nsp] If BGP is running on a circuit, if you ping the other end you get loss. kill the BGP (and thus the traffic..) no more loss.

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Apr 30 08:54:32 EDT 2008

In case folks were interested it turns out the answer was "The upstream was limiting our ICMP to 5Mbps on a line over 100X that size and once the ICMP got > 5Mbps we started seeing this 'funky packet loss'" after we found the source of the ICMP and disabled it the issue cleared itself. Of course we were never told that there was any limit on the ICMP :D

So, what are folks using these days for NetFlow analysis (software?)

-Drew