[c-nsp] debugging and tracing on IP-Sec tunnel

Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland arla at rn.dk
Fri Aug 1 01:32:33 EDT 2008

Hi Folks

I need some advise regarding trace and debug on a tunnel with IPSec.
We are using a provider to some kind off health service, these servers can be reached via a tunnel interface in our network and vise versa.
My problem is that one server is out off reach on http traffic but not on ssh.
If I deploy an access-list on the tunnel interface, I can see that the http-traffic is being forwarded via the tunnel interface.
So how can I be sure that the IP-Sec interface also is forwarding the http traffic and not just ssh.

crypto isakmp policy 10
 encr 3des
 hash md5
 authentication pre-share
 lifetime 43200
crypto isakmp key Klipklapklop4433saksen address xxxxxxxxx
!
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime seconds 43200
!
crypto ipsec transform-set strong esp-3des esp-md5-hmac
!
crypto map MEDMAP 2 ipsec-isakmp
 description nja -> medcom
 set peer xxxxxxxxxxx
 set transform-set strong
 match address krypt-medcom

interface Tunnel1
 description GRE interface
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.252
 ip mtu 1300
 ip nat outside
 keepalive 10 3
 tunnel source FastEthernet0/0
 tunnel destination xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 description Outside - Internetrouter
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.128
  speed 100
 full-duplex
 crypto map MEDMAP