[c-nsp] SNMP query mac-address-table on 6500/7600 IOS

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Sat Aug 2 15:20:49 EDT 2008

Is there a way to SNMP query the mac-address-table on a 6500/7600 sup720
running IOS (SXF, SRC, whatever)? There are some docs on the subject for
lower end catalysts but I'm not getting any data under dot1dTpFdbTable or
anything else useful from the bridge mib.

I'll also settle for alternative ways to solve my problem... I'm trying to
identify the actual physical port that a specific IP address (or mac
address, since I already have that) is being sent to, when that IP address
is routed via a L3 vlan iface that is trunked via multiple switchports.
Querying the mac-address-table seems like the easiest way, except I can't
seem to make it work via snmp.