[c-nsp] MPLS PE Routers for a Mobile Carrier?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sun Aug 3 09:04:07 EDT 2008

On (2008-08-03 18:18 +0500), Masood Ahmad Shah wrote:

> MPLS VPN, TE and QoS, If all you need in one BOX than better you go for
> Juniper M Series. Juniper M10i or M120/320.

M10i is quite aging platform, displaying varying amount of issues. I'd
say MX and M120 would be better picks.
 One particular example comes to mind is inability to pop explicit-null
and decreasing IP TTL at the same time, making egress PE disappear from
traceroute, when using core-hiding and explicit-null. (PFC3B also
suffers from this, but PFC3C with SXH should not, haven't tested though).

  ++ytti