[c-nsp] Extending MPLS over external providers cloud

David Curran dcurran at nuvox.com
Wed Aug 6 07:38:28 EDT 2008

mGRE?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/greL3vpn.html

> From: <lists at daniels.id.au>
> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:14:29 -0500
> To: David Curran <dcurran at nuvox.com>
> Cc: <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>, <lists at daniels.id.au>
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Extending MPLS over external providers cloud
>
> Hi David,
>
> On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:23:07 -0400, David Curran <dcurran at nuvox.com> wrote:
>> Is there an actual requirement to run LDP/MPLS over these tunnels or are
>> you
>> simply looking to extend a VRF?  If its the latter, Multi-VRF CE (or
>> VRF-Lite, whatever) works very well.
>
> The requirement is simply to provide multiple VRF's (3 to 5) at any remote
> site, the vrf's will vary site-to-site based on local requirements.
> In an ethernet scenario, I agree VRF-Lite, dot1q and away we go, but here I
> have a cloud in the middle connecting several (20-30) DSL sites to a head
> office (hub and spoke), and the thought of having to manage multiple
> tunnels (one per vrf), per site is making me cringe..
>
> Or am I missing something, is there some other way to more easily manage
> these multiple tunnels?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of confidentiality and/or a privilege.