[c-nsp] IOS SLB support

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 6 19:05:06 EDT 2008

> It's funny you should mention 10k$, 'cause that's exactly the
> price of the IOS SLB license for the 7600 (FR-IOSSLB)...

On a related (but slightly orthogonal) note, I really
wish Cisco made it easier to find what features require
what licenses (and what they were called).  In a previous
life, I knew that I needed a "BGP" license for a 6500,
but it took what seemed like an inordinate period to get
the 6500 part number to get the license(*) (and of course
now the license has been eliminated, since it is included
in the IP Services and above feature set, unless what
you want is the IS-IS part of the old "Interdomain
Routing Feature", which now requires an Advanced Services
feature set).

(And how many knew that if one changed a redundant
6500 Sup1A to a primary there is an additional
license code to order?  I didn't.  SUP1A-2GE-U-LIC=)

Gary

(*) Probably due to miscommunications on my part.