[c-nsp] intermittent 'igmp query-interval 125'

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Fri Aug 8 03:55:01 EDT 2008

For some reason I've started seeing the statement below appear and
disappear at random times on several router's interfaces in the running
config.  This began after IGMP version 3 was enabled on several Juniper
routers that share several backbone VLANs with our Cisco routers.  The
Cisco routers had already been running IGMP version 3 for a long while
now without any odd effects.

ip igmp query-interval 125

When the statement appears in the running-config the query interval is
125.  And when it disappears from the running-config, the query interval
has reverted back to the normal 60 seconds.

Anyone know why this would be happening?

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN