[c-nsp] MD5 checksums for IOS images

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Tue Aug 12 02:31:55 EDT 2008

Taken from here:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sr-20080516-rootkits.shtml

"For those customers whose www.cisco.com account does not provide access to the Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner tool and hence cannot obtain the Cisco calculated, known-good MD5 hash value for a given Cisco IOS software image, or for those customers that would prefer to automate the process of validating MD5 hashes using their own tools, Cisco is making available a compressed file including the Cisco IOS software image name and known-good MD5 hash for all 12.0-based, 12.1-based, 12.2-based, 12.3-based and 12.4-based Cisco IOS software releases.

This file can be found at http://www.cisco.com/web/tsweb/psirt/cisco-sr-20080516-rootkits.zip and contains a second compressed file (a set of data files and a document explaining the file format) and a detached PGP signature for the second compressed file. The file has been signed by the current Cisco PSIRT PGP key. Information on how to obtain the current Cisco PSIRT PGP key can be found in the document entitled "Cisco Security Vulnerability Policy", available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_vulnerability_policy.html.

We recommend customers to uncompress the file and verify the signature for the second file before using the data files for any verification purposes."

Hope this helps,
Ziv