[c-nsp] SXI on 6500 (was: SXH on 6500)

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Aug 13 11:14:19 EDT 2008

Phil Mayers wrote:
> You're the 6500 IOS team. You have a large body of upstream IOS code,
> and you have to back-port it, but at the *same* time you also have to
> modularise it.

I'm really going to dive off into OT land, but does anyone know if the
Metro Ethernet 6500 is under the Enterprise BU or if it's the Service
Provider BU?  I've gotten contradicting answers before.  It would seem
really odd to me for the ME6524 to be under the Enterprise BU, no matter
what its roots are, because on SPs will use it.  Likewise I don't
understand why it runs SX and not SR if it's in the SP BU.

Justin