[c-nsp] 1230 Bridging of multiple VLANs

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Thu Aug 14 05:33:25 EDT 2008

Howdy,

I have two 1231G units running 12.3(2)JA3 that I'm attempting to setup
as a bridge.  Unit #1 uplinks to the FastE interface fine, with
standard bridge, ssid and sub-interface stances to yield multiple
SSIDs/VLANs on its DotRadio0 (11b) interface - works great.  Unit #2
is supposed to connect to Unit #1 over DotRadio1 (11a) as a
transparent bridge and continue to advertise the same multiple SSIDs/
VLANs on its other radio - DotRadio0 (11b).

After trying a number of configuration combinations, it's unclear if
this product generation/IOS version supports multi-VLAN bridging - as
the 1400s clearly do.  Also, it's a tad unclear what the exact syntax
of "station-role" the bridge interfaces should be in; with the above
configuration I assume "root bridge" on unit #1 and "non-root bridge"
on unit #2 - the examples I find are for slightly different hardware
versions.  Much appreciate confirmation support exists for this and
tips on how to yield my desired configuration - cheers!

--Matt