[c-nsp] VRF Lite Route Propagation

Nick Griffin nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:30:42 EDT 2008

I've figured out how to exchange routes between VRF's with the bgp address
family configuration coupled with redistribute static|connected, etc however
I'm trying to propagate this information and I'm having problems getting it
to work as desired. This is a VRF-Lite only environment, and what I'm trying
to accomplish is this. I would like to have separate VRF's for separate
internet connections, ie a 1 to 1 relationship. I would also like to be able
to get this default route from within the Internet 1 VRF into multiple
Client Vlan VRF's, as well as dynamically pass the client vlan connected
subnets back into the Internet 1 VRF. Exchanging between the VRF's one one
router isn't the issue, it's passing it dynamically from Internet 1 VRF to
another neighbor router in this same vrf say using OSPF or EIGRP that I'm
having trouble with. I get them to show up as B routes via the address
family configuration, but I am able to pass this to the neighboring router.

I hope this make sense.

Thanks in advance,

Nick Griffin