[c-nsp] Tele Presence - Priority Queue or CBWFQ within the SP core

mark at mjlnet.com mark at mjlnet.com
Thu Aug 14 10:43:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

>Wanted to poll the SP folks here to understand what you do "in the Core" for
>supporting Tele Presence traffic on LLQ or CBWFQ? Cisco says LLQ but i don't
>agree because TP is a VBR traffic. And LLQ has its cost implications.

Problem with CBWFQ is that while you'll get a min bandwidth guarantee, there's no guarantee for latency and jitter (probably gotta stay within about 1% pkt loss, 30ms jitter max, and 150ms end-to-end latency, of course, for good quality).

So, personally I'd use a priority queue with LLQ for TP (actually, a second priority queue, if available).

Mark